Top-Rated Family Law Specialists
Featured Article
Premarital Agreement (AKA Prenuptial Agreements)
Premarital Agreement (AKA Prenuptial Agreements)

What are Premarital Agreements? (AKA Prenuptial Agreements) Premarital agreements are used to spell out the rights and duties of people before they marry. Premarital agreements are allowed to cover any topic that might come up in a marriage as long as the agreement does not ...

Read More

Blog Posts in 2012

  • Common Law Marriage: Oops did I accidentally get married?

    Pasadena Texas Common Law Marriage Common Law Marriage: How to Keep From Accidentally Getting Married Common Law marriage, also known as an informal ...

    View More
  • SMART PHONES: A Houston Divorce Lawyer's Best Friend

    SMART PHONES: A Houston Divorce Lawyer's Best Friend I have been saying this for a while now. The technology age is wonderful! It is wonderful because ...

    View More
  • How to Change a Child's Name

    Changing a Child’s Name The Texas Family Code allows for a parent, a managing conservator, or a guardian to file a petition with a court to change a ...

    View More
  • How to Raise or Lower Your Child Support

    How to Raise or Lower your Child Support Whether you want to raise or lower your child support, there are certain rules you must follow according to ...

    View More
  • Signs Your Spouse is Having an Affair

    Signs your spouse is having an affair As a divorce lawyer for many years, I have seen it all in regards to the tell tale signs your spouse may be ...

    View More
  • Houston Police Department Officer Accused of Bigamy

    Houston Police Department Officer Accused of Bigamy I had a hard time deciding if I was going to blog about this story on my criminal law blog or on ...

    View More
  • Pasadena Divorce Lawyer Agrees: January is "Divorce Month."

    Pasadena Texas Divorce Lawyer agrees that January does see an increase in divorce related lawsuit filings. In the business of representing people who ...

    View More
  • How Do I Calculate Child Support?

    How do I calculate child support? Contact, Dennis M. Slate , a Houston area Child Support Lawyer today According to the Texas Family Code, there are ...

    View More
  • Paying Child Support for Someone Else's Child...?

    Mistaken Paternity In 2011, the Texas Legislature amended Family Code section 161.005 to allow an adjudicated father who is paying child support for a ...

    View More

Contact Us Today

All Consultations are Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please enter a message.
Please note, the attorneys at Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law, are only licensed to practice in the state of Texas, and cannot assist with out-of-state cases.